Sign in to follow this  
rafvin

Trunyan, Kintamani, Bali

Question

He friend have you visit Trunyan. This tourist destination located at Batur Lake, Bali. Last month I almost visited Trunyan. When i was in Bali, i rent a hotel in Kuta, i drove a rental car from Kuta about 08.00 AM pass  through  several tourist destination such as Sukowati (traditional art market), Ubud (art, tourist place) Goa Gajah (cave) Tapaksiring palace (palace at mountainous area) and than i came at mountainous area "Kintamani". it took about 2.5 hours from Kuta to Kintamani.

When i arrived at Kintamani the situation is heavy rain, several locals overed me to Trunyan, from lake harbour at Kintamani using motor boat about 30 minutes, with the price around 400,000 rupiahs. However due to weather situation did not go to Trunyan and just enjoyed view and cool air of Kintamani.

Kintamani is interesting tourist destination, however when i went there, i found a hundred dump truck come and go to the lake, they  transport sand from sand mining area. Unfortunately the sand mining area located at around the tourist area therefore it was disturbing Kintamani as a tourist destination.

based on the information Trunyan is a village name. The locals has a place for funeral, the local will not bury or burn the dead body only lay down at the certain place, and amazingly, the dead body not make out bad smell or rot, is it right?

Have you ever visit that place, if ever visit, please..... tell us your experience when there

10 answers to this question

@rafvin

well hello too rafvin

thank you for your post about kintamani

well to be honest i've been there a couple of time but never actually visited there for a vacation

usually just passing through :D

can you upload the picture so we know what are the attraction there :D

hi @rafvin

unfortunately i never been to Trunyan Village as i heard it is a funeral area and i am not interest on that...actually feel a lil bit scary :)

i heard some people talking that sometimes the boat driver force  passenger to pay more or they will do some crime.

i ever walk around the mount batur crater, suddenly a man come to us and talk many thing about this mount then finally he ask for a tips, so bad

but most of all i like the view from the restaurant on kintamani point.

I just stop at Kintanami because the weather was not good (heavy rain), i thought very risky to go to Trunyan using motor boat at that time.

I also have bad info from several of my friends about this tourist destination. My friend experience, when he arrived there, suddently, came many beggar around him. When we provide some money to one of them, unfortunately the others will also asking. He informed it would be better if we prepare enaugh coin before arrive there. is it correct?

@rafvin  Aww.. I wish I had visited that Trunyan village! Sounds so interesting, indeed..

I've been to Kintamani and Ubud for many times before but never made special time for visiting that place.

I know I should have.. 

:terharu   Ahhh.. hopefully oneday I can make my own trip there..

If you are interested Trunyan Village , you may opt to go from kedisan Village where you can hire a motor boat . Fixed price has been regulated by the local authoritiy to avoid scam or fraud to visitors . or you can go direct to trunyan village by motor bike or smaller car / van then take a traditional paddle boat to get to the unique cemetery .